Vocational training provides students with an opportunity for employment in a country with a very high unemployment rate, even among university graduates.
The Vocational Schools that BCP has chosen provide excellent training in from 1 to 3 years. Students who desire to work in a specific field qualify for most of these institutions after S4.
If finances permit, the students will be able to obtain a Certificate which will allow them to work in their field. They may choose to further their education to Diploma status after working for as little as 2 years. This can be done in a work/study program, without further sponsor support.
We counsel students during the high school years to match their strengths with realistic goals and good employment prospects. The Bishop Comboni Counselor meets with each student to insure that they are aware of potential choices. BCP is constantly researching more schools and vetting performances in the job market as well.
The list of schools which have BCP students in attendance includes:
- • Jimmy Sekasi Business Institute (Hotel Mgmt., Catering, etc.)
- • Kyera Agricultural Training College (mechanized Agriculture with Business Mgmt.)
- • St. Francis Nsambya Hospital Nursing School in Kampala (Nursing, Tech, Midwifery, etc.)
- • St. Joseph’s Technical School in Kampala (Engineering, Trades, etc.)
- • Teachers Training College in Kampala (for primary teachers)
- • Uganda School of Commerce (Accounting, Commerce, etc.)
- • Uganda National Teachers College (many levels of instruction)